Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Gooey-Love Brownie Pie {Recipe}


I love how the majority of my recipe posts start with me explaining how what I made was an accident. Isn't that what cooking/baking is? Just a bunch of happy little accidents in the kitchen and then someone's like "Hey, that actually taste good!" So they stick a fancy name on it, write down what they did and boom. History was made.


The thing about this brownie pie is there is nothing accidental about the love between chocolate and peanut butter. That was a match made in Heaven by the hand of God Himself. With so many desserts out there marrying these two crazy delicious kids, I had to do something to change things up.

The base is a yummy fluffy homemade brownie. That's right, no box mix here! Making your own brownie mix isn't that difficult and it tastes better than any store brand. I'm so glad I came across Sheryl's recipe on her blog, Lady Behind the Curtain. As always, I changed up the recipe a bit to make it my own but used hers as the perfect starting point. Then layered on top is a gooey-creamy peanut butter mixture with a secret ingredient. But it won't be a secret any longer. Just keep reading.

What you'll need:
  • 1/2 cup of butter
  • 2 ounces baking cocoa
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten 
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 can/14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Fruit, sprinkles, candy, any topping you'd like!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a round 9x1.4 inch pan. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, cocoa and sugar on low for about 2-3 minutes or until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the flour until smooth. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Spread evenly in pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 1 minute in pan then move to a baking rack to cool completely.

For the topping, melt the peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds. Combine with condensed milk and stir. Spread graciously on top of the brownie pie and garnish with your favorite toppings. This peanut butter mixture makes a lot, I used about half for the brownie pie but the rest can be used on ice cream, cookies or cake.


What a perfect after dinner treat! My husband's sweet tooth was acting up and he requested something with peanut butter and chocolate. Usually we make Puppy Chow but I wanted to do something different yet still quick and tasty. I was actually surprised how fast I made this and how good it was! Whenever I try a new recipe, it usually takes a while of me sorting everything out and wrapping my brain around what to do. This Gooey-Love Brownie Pie will definitely be on the list of my go-to easy desserts.

Are you planning on making anything yummy for your honey for Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips