This post is part of the Happy Wives Club Blog Tour which I am delighted to be a part of along with hundreds of inspiring bloggers. I did not receive any compensation for this post; I just have an amazing husband who deserves to be praised. To learn more about the Happy Wives Club Blog Tour and join us, CLICK HERE!
Let me start off by pointing out that I do not like how I look in the picture above. This was after the wedding ceremony and we were taking photos at a beautiful local park. I had not eaten for hours and was starting to get crabby and have a headache. But then there's him. And he makes this picture so worth it.
When I'm at my worst, he's still there. This photo proves it. This year we will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary and every year has come with new challenges, as well as great blessings. Here are just some of the reasons why I'm head-over-heels in love with my husband:
- He makes me laugh. Even when I don't want to and I try to push the giggles away, his efforts almost always win. And I'm glad for that.
- He absolutely loves family. My husband would rather come home every night and spend time with his wife and son instead of hanging out with friends or gallivanting around town. As a young man the temptation could be there but he is not bothered by it in the least.
- He is a man of integrity. When he makes mistakes, he is honest about it. Even if it's not right away, he has a good conscience and a heart to please God. He also respects me enough to confess any faults and keep that line of communication open.
- He is smarter than me. I'm serious, he really is. I was terrible in school so having a husband who is actually smart and not just pretending like I do is amazing. If I have any questions about history, math or science I can count on my guy for the answers. And if he doesn't know, he legit cares about finding it out. Unlike me.
- He strives to be better. My husband is not satisfied with who he is at the moment, no matter how much I try to encourage him. He is always looking to step higher, go farther and be better. It's admirable and pushes me to be a better version of myself.
- He learns from mistakes. He is not only a man of integrity but when he falls, he knows there is a lesson to be learned and he repents. I've seen him develop into such a wholesome individual and it teaches me not to beat myself up when I make a mistake.
- He takes fatherhood seriously. Not only does he truly adore our son but he knows the value of having a father who is hands-on and involved. He is constantly making sure that he connects as a dad and loves making memories as father/son. He is burdened by men who treat children like objects or trophies and put their desires before the little ones in their lives. He makes every effort to be above that and more.
- He takes love seriously. My husband is very cautious who he opens his heart too. The fact that he has not only opened it to me but has entrusted me with the most sensitive and vulnerable parts of his being is truly a gift. His love is intentional and with purpose. I love him even more knowing that his acts of love stem more from his heart than hopeful emotion.
My husband is ready to fight any battles that come our way and doesn't mind me as his sidekick. How can I not love a man like that?
grab a copy HERE.