Friday, June 7, 2013

Art is Life / 30 day challenge


Let's face it. Life can be hard.

I'm stopping in today to share this fun new art challenge I've created for myself. Why? Because life can be insane and it's so easy for someone who is creative to lose sight of the joy of creating art! I used to sketch a lot. It was and is very therapeutic. I want to go back to that! Will you join me?

For the next 30 days, I will create art once a day. Whether it's sketching, drawing, painting...whatever. I will follow each day's challenge and see what happens! That's it! So easy and I think it's going to be a blast. At the end of the challenge, I should be able to look back on 30 pieces of works that speak about life. Hopefully I'll feel better about myself as an artist and what I've accomplished.

Here is what you need to know if you want to participate in this challenge:


The rules above are self-explanatory. This challenge is suppose to be fun, lighthearted, family friendly and inspirational. I know inspiration for everyone is different but please let's keep this clean!

- You don't have to start at the beginning of a month. No sir, just start from whatever day YOU decide. From that point on, the challenge starts! It can be the 2nd of the month, the 10th, the 21st...just from whatever point you start the challenge, follow it through the next 30 days. This way if you just find out about this challenge in the middle of a month, you won't feel bad about jumping in because "it's almost half over."

- Feel free to share the challenge through your social media and get other artists on board! Pin the photo above, share on your Facebook page, tweet about it and be sure to share your art challenges on Instagram. I'll be checking out everyone's art and even sharing some! Just use hashtag #ailchallenge

- Link up your posts below
If you blog about the challenge and share your artwork in a post, link it up! Hopefully it will be a cool gallery of daily inspiration. *The linky gallery below is setup for an entire year! I'll be checking it periodically to make sure all posts are only related to this challenge. Please DON'T link up your home page, shops, social media pages etc. DO link up blog posts featuring your works from this challenge!* 

I am going to do my best to stick with this challenge! The great thing is, once the challenge is complete, I can start over because my artwork will be different each time.

I won't be posting daily art on here but I will on my Instagram and Twitter. Hope you will come along for this journey and join me in the Art is Life challenge!


2 comments:

  1. What a good idea! It's good to give yourself a creative challenge every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I fizzled out after only a week...sad but true. I am planning trying again in the winter time, when I hate snow and am stuck inside haha

      Delete

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips