Thursday, February 10, 2011


So I have been feeling like I need my blog to be more personal and encouraging. I have been feeling that way about my art too. Sometimes I think we get so caught up with custom work and commissions (which is all great, do not get me wrong!) but we sometimes forget to create just for fun!! What, work fun?? Psh!!
Well, work should be fun. I can remember wasted years at jobs that I was creatively starving. I literally would take scrap paper, old receipts or rip up boxes to doodle on. Once I did that, it was like I could breath again!
When I finally was let go from my job, I knew it was a sign for me to do my art full time. But now, going into my 2nd month, I am realizing that I need to stop taking art so seriously. Since when have I ever been serious about anything?!! haha

It is almost like I have forgotten to relax and let the creative juices flow and water the idea seeds so that they can bloom into wonderful pieces. I don't want my work to be too stuffy and lost in translation...I am goofy, I am crazy, a little weird, but I love life and love love. I feel like my art needs to show that more. I need more "me" in my "art!" Does that make sense??

It's like I'm trying to pigeon hole the process when I have just been freed from that! I had fun working at my job, but it was because I enjoyed the people. They were a riot which in turn made the job easier to bear...but creatively, I was thirsty! And now I am finding myself dry again, only I am the one with my hand on the inspiration faucet...

I really want to work on my overall shop look this year, but more than that, I really want to take a moment and just create what I feel inside. I believe that if I just let the waters flow, the shop "look" will happen on its own. But I cannot just build a house without a foundation, right? I don't want a shop that just "looks" great, but I want great products that makes my shop great!! Its easy to get overwhelmed and compare yourselves to other shop keepers...its human nature I suppose. But its time to stop and just be myself! There will be no success if I am copying or following someone else...


I have to go back to what inspires me. God always inspires my heart. He is the reason why I breathe and has blessed me with this love of art. My favorite scripture is Psalms 71:1, "In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion." Oh how true!!

Britt Nicole (above) is my favorite female Christian singer. Her lyrics are so positive and encouraging, I am always uplifted afterwards. My favorite song is "Walk on the Water" and it was so refreshing to hear because I knew it was speaking about me! Well, not literally lol But you know what I am talking about. There's always that one song that when you hear it, you know it was meant for you. I want to share the lyrics and a YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et00UNFDjVM

WALK ON THE WATER
You look around
It's staring back at you
Another wave of doubt
Will it pull you under
You wonder

What if I'm overtaken
What if I never make it
What if no one's there?
Will you hear my prayer?

When you take that first step
Into the unknown
You know that he won't let you go

Chorus:

So what are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities try to hold to you

You know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all
It takes and you can
Walk on the water too

Verse 2:
So get out
And let
Your fear fall to the ground
No time to waste
Don't wait
Don't you turn around and miss out
Everything you were made for
I know you're not sure
So you play it safe
Try to run away

If you take that first step
Into the unknown
He won't let you go

(chorus)

Bridge:
(step out)
Even when a storm hits
(step out)
Even when you're broken
(step out)
Even when your heart is telling you telling you to give up
(step out)
When your hope is stolen
(step out)
You can't see where you're going
You don't have to be afraid

So what are you waiting,
What are you waiting for?

So what are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities try to hold to you

You know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all
It takes and you can
Walk on the water...
Walk on the water too
 
It is my prayer this week that we all just learn to let things go and just let things flow! We were all created in a special way, so when we create, let it be unique and a reflection of who we are. We should never be ashamed of how God created us. I mean, He is the greatest artist of all!! :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips