Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Count it All Joy {Even When You Don't Want To}

So life is looking a little sad right now.
Sad as in awful as in horrible.

Actually, I'm being super dramatic. Life is, well, life right now. Bad things happen, what can I expect? Do I think, just because I'm a child of God, bad things can't happen to me?
Don't we all think this sometimes! I don't know what Bible we are reading because every story about God's chosen people showcases them falling on hard times, whether it be before, during, or after their ministry.


Most of you know, I'm going through a financial desert. Out of respect for my husband and family, I don't like posting too much details. Another main reason is I don't want to waste my time talking about it...I'd rather pray about it!

You wanna know a fun fact? Okay maybe not that fun. I've had/have people actually get mad at me because I'm so positive during a storm! What the junk, right?
Here's how I see it: How is worrying going to change my circumstances? It's not!!
Trust me, I'm not perfect and am not a robot. That would be pretty sweet though.
My emotions boil over a lot and sometimes I foam at the mouth, and I have all my shots.
But time and time again, when I worry, I end up making my situations worse because I take the focus off of the One who is working in my life, and put it on the problem.

Worrying puts focus on the issue rather than the Healer!!

Here's how God puts it:
"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." James 1:2-4

Humans are weird. We want to be rescued but a small part of us likes to suffer. We do! We become familiar in our worried thoughts, our negative attitudes and our sour mood. Then when someone has an answer or just a word of encouragement, we delight in bashing them. How dare they try and make me smile?! Psh... {ya'll know what I mean.}

But God doesn't want us to do that! He never said it will be easy but He did say He will never leave us, nor forsake us. Being positive is not being naive or blind to the problems...being positive is counting it all joy, even when we don't want to!!

I know each one of you has a trial right now. If you don't, you will soon. That's life! It's not about the problems, those are a given...it's about HOW you deal with them.

So choose. Do you want to make things worse by having a negative mindset? Or will you rather count it all joy, so that God's perfect work can take root in your heart? Me? I will count it all joy, even if people scowl at my rejoicing! Besides...it's kinda funny to see them get mad that I'm not mad...pretty ironic...

If you have a storm right now, I'd love to pray for you. Comment below xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! I really need to read things like this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written, I myself have learned to keep a positive attitude. During my earlier marriage I went through many trials almost on a daily basses. Job lay off, late car payments, bounced checks, a beer to many. They day came when I found Jesus or should I say Jesus found me. I was at a point I had to sell my home that I had build, though of even moving out of the country. That's right I was going to run away from all my problems. I was at my lowest when on that Christmas Eve I was invited to a Pentecostal Service, Alter call was all it took, I went to the alter, when the call was made, My knees hit the floor tears streaming from my eye to the floor. I raise my hands toward Jesus up above and I had the most wonder feeling I ever experienced. The heaviness just lifted off my shoulders. I received the that very moment the Holy Ghost and started speaking in tongues. From that day on my life was changed.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips