Monday, January 27, 2014

Cupid's Cinnamon & Sea Salt Fudge Dip

Cupid's Cinnamon & Sea Salt Fudge Dip

Cupid's Cinnamon & Sea Salt Fudge Dip
You know how mistakes can usually make us feel like a total failure?

I just made the most delicious mistake ever! Would you like to know how? Well, I was folding laundry the other day while watching the cooking channel (as usual) when the gorgeous Giada came on. She started talking about all this yummy food for football season and then mentioned something else, blah blah blah then fudge...whoooaaahhh hold up! Did she just say fudge?!

I've never made fudge before but it is one of my man's favorite treats, so my ears perked up. Quickly jotting down the ingredients and instructions on my tablet, my brain started erupting with fireworks. Uh I have almost everything on this list!! Sorry, laundry. There is fudge to be had. Or so I thought...

Cupid's Cinnamon & Sea Salt Fudge Dip
Now this link will take you to the recipe if you want real fudge and not a dip. It's from Giada's page on Food Network. I had gathered all of the ingredients together and realized I didn't have condensed milk. Ah! Oh wait, I have evaporated milk and can just melt sugar into it. Problem solved. (Maybe?) I was so determined to make fudge that when I heard my son wake up from naptime, I just tossed everything into a pan and mixed it together. Wrong! I was so wrong. (Or was I?)

Cupid's Cinnamon & Sea Salt Fudge Dip
Cupid's Cinnamon & Sea Salt Fudge Dip
Obviously my mistake ruined the consistency for fudge. I found that out after four hours in the refrigerator and the chocolate was still a liquid. Liquid? Fudge dip! And the rest was history. I immediately thought how perfect this delicious blend of cinnamon and sea salt would be as a Valentine's Day treat with your loved one, enjoyed with some fresh strawberries. The milk chocolate is so creamy and the mix of salty/sweet will make your taste buds fall in love with you.

Here's what you'll need:
  • One can condensed milk (or evaporated milk, heated and mixed with 1 1/4 cup sugar)
  • 2.5 cups Milk chocolate chips
  • 3 tbsp Butter, room temperature
  • 2 tsp Cinnamon (any more will over power in taste)
  • 1 tsp Vanilla extract 
  • 1-2 tsp sea salt, to taste
Stir ingredients in a medium saucepan. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish then pour the fudge mixture, sprinkled salt and placed in fridge for about two hours (until chilled.) Serve with fresh strawberries (or other fruit), graham crackers, pretzels, whatever your little heart desires! You can even separate some in another dish and place in the microwave for 15 seconds to serve as a warm fudge dip or sauce over ice cream or pie.

Cupid's Cinnamon & Sea Salt Fudge Dip

Does your spouse have a favorite dessert? Do you usually create anything special for them on Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips