Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014: Redirection, Restoration & Joy



Today is the second day of the new year. Like many of you, I too have been looking back at 2013 with open eyes and a full heart. This has been by far the most eye opening time, with God showing more about myself than ever before. He also revealed how my choices affect those I love and that love needs to be more of an action than a word.
One Sunday night church service recently, a struggle wrestled within my heart. I have be battling the same thing for a long time, years in fact. This idea that in order to be successful, I must have a business of my own. And while that is not sinful, how I behaved was.
I prayed for an answer to my questions. They bounced in my mind like a ball on a court. Should I this? Do I do that? How about this? What about that? Then my pastor spoke, bringing my mind back to reality. And as he told the familiar story of Jesus telling his disciples to follow Him and they left their nets, the Spirit of the Lord spoke to my heart. And I received my answer.
I knew it all along but it wasn't a convenient answer. Imagine that. So perhaps in my illusive mind I pushed it away thinking God would never want me to walk away from something that brought me joy. What is joy really? I honestly didn't know anymore. And that alone confirmed the answer.
In order for joy to be properly restored in a life, that life must surrender to the Giver of the joy. The disciples were fishermen. They most likely had customers they wouldn't want to disappoint. Reputation could have been important. But the Bible says that those things didn't matter because they left their nets "straightway"! When Jesus wanted them to leave their profession, they did, no questions asked. (Matthew 4:20)
On February 17th (President's Day) my shop will be closing. Just the idea of being able to spend more time working on projects for my family and home is freeing. I adore my customers and handmade business colleagues...but Jesus is calling for more of me.
There will be a blowout sale and the Facebook page will still be active for extra deals and specials. I will occasionally be on social media but mainly my personal Instagram account and this blog. I want to use this place as a digital journal but will not be treating it like a daily chore. Just a spot to speak when I feel led.
Amazing things are in store in 2014!! My son will be two years old, we will be married for five years, I will be turning the big 3-0...now is the time to unplug from my selfish desires and plus into what matters. Plug into my Lord Jesus, my beautiful son, my wonderful husband and our life here on earth. Our days are but a vapor and I don't want to blink and miss the moments that could have been.
Redeeming the time for His glory. Restoration of the joy that is in my salvation. Redirecting my talents to bless the ones I love first. To step into my calling with both feet, not just one. One foot in His will and one foot in mine...it doesn't work. All in Him because the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Jesus!!! (Colossians 2:9)
I look forward to the changes within me and to watch the ripple effects. Here's to a new year and most importantly, to a new directed heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips