Monday, October 14, 2013

Where have I been...and where I am going...

 

I feel like a broken record. Here I am, once again, announcing another change. If you've been following my blog and my online adventures, your head is probably spinning and your eyes rolling. I get that. I also get that when people are trying to start a business, they have to go through lots of changes. Many times continually reinventing their brand and streamlining what they do.

I started off this month with devotionals and the plan was to keep posting one every day until October 31st. The truth is, I couldn't say anything at the time, but I was planning my mother's surprise 50th birthday party. This was also on top of weaning my son off of a pacifier. I had soon realized that life was way too short to spend it on things that your heart wasn't in. Before I knew it, three days had gone by without a single new devotion posted...

And I felt guilty. I didn't want to let you guys down and honestly I wasn't even sure if anyone was following the devotions. Life happened and of course that took precedence over blogging.

My heart is always in the Word, don't mistake what I'm saying. But posting a devotional a day made my sweet, intimate meeting with the Lord every morning seem more like a chore. And I don't like that. I don't want that. I don't want to have this blog because I feel other people want me to have it.

I honestly think that God really wants me to share the devotionals with people who seriously want to read them. More one on one. So while I still feel like the Lord wants me to continue writing 31 devotionals in 31 days, I believe He wants me to do them on my own first. Offline. Unplugged. And if anyone truly wants to do them with me, shoot me and email and I can email them straight to you!

Time is precious and I've spent close to 3 years blogging...and it has brought a lot of good and bad. I know I've tried to walk away many times and continue getting sucked back in. But right now, the season is over and moving on...

Why? Well, I'm rebranding my online shop and everything is clicking. I feel different this time around. I believe blogging was a platform for me to learn community, networking and sharing with other people. It helped me see the potential I have as a leader and business owner (while also showing me many, many weaknesses!). And I'm ready to step up to the plate.


This. This is where my heart is at the moment (online wise.) My husband and I have been praying for a house. He works so hard just so I can stay home with our son. If I'm going to do something, I want to do with to glorify God, utilize my talents and help my family financially. We are not really struggling but the load could be lighter. And I want to help make that lighter. I want to help us reach our dream.

My passion is illustration, home decor and writing. Hello Awesome will officially launch November 1st and will include all of those things! Hand-illustrated wall art, decorative porcelain (plates, mugs, vases etc), prints and so much more. Inspirational artwork and gifts, just in time for the holidays.

I can feel it in my bones. This is it. All the roads I've been on have lead to this! I can feel it. So I need all of my strength, my creativity and my focus on this shop in order for it to be the great business I know it can be.

And I'm sorry. I apologize to any sponsor or any reader who feels neglected. The truth is, I am not good at blogging and it is not so much fun anymore. Blogging has turned into a business. It's no longer the heartfelt journaling it used to be. I've started a Tumbler blog for Hello Awesome right here. We will see how it works and if I even want it. Like I said, my focus right now is on my shop. I will promote it via social media and on blogs. But as far as me, sitting down here, writing...that season is over I think. At least for now. And I am okay with that.

My mother's party was this past weekend and yesterday I was so burnt out. It really opened my eyes to treasuring every moment of every day. Don't waste time on something that doesn't make you happy. I can't worry about what people think anymore or what they are saying about me. I don't live this life for them. And they don't control my happiness.

If you want to follow along as I rebrand my business, reinvent my online presence and revamp my shop, I can be found on Instagram and Twitter.

I truly believe that when you do something you love, others will love it to. So I'm off to do just that and I know it is going to be awesome!!

2 comments:

  1. I love where your heart is for the 31 days challenge. I look forward to one day reading the devotionals you write while unplugged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your shop, keep it up good work.

    Jenny
    http://www.apparelnbags.com/a4/index.htm

    ReplyDelete

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips