Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting & Organic Honey Drizzle {Recipe}


This recipe has been simmering around waiting to be shared for about a week now and it was killing me! I've made it twice already and everything about these pumpkin bars blows my mind. Honestly, I'm not a huge pumpkin fan but I find myself always being drawn to it during the fall season.

I found this scrumptious recipe on Taste of Home. The entire recipe is almost the same with a few tweaks. I also didn't have the size pan they stated so I had to use my 15x11 glass pan. Every person gushed as they scarfed delighted in each moist bite. I also changed the flavor by drizzling some organic honey on top of the cream cheese frosting. Can you say yum?!


What you'll need:

4 eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup olive oil
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Frosting:
1 package of softened cream cheese
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup softened butter (or half a stick of butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk



Preheat the over to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix until well blended the eggs, oil, pumpkin and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Slowly add to the pumpkin mixture until blended well. Spray a 15x11 inch pan with baking spray and pour mixture evenly into the pan. Bake for about 28-30 minutes, inserting a toothpick into the center to check if done. Cool completely.

For the frosting, combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and milk into a bowl and beat on low to medium speed. Spread over the bars, then with a spoon, lightly drizzle honey (preferably organic or homemade) over the frosting. Store in the refrigerator. 


Seriously. I had to run and grab one just because I was putting this together and have no self-control.
What is your favorite pumpkin treat during the fall season?

1 comment:

  1. I so just pinned this to my fall time board on pinterest! I will have to make these!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips