Monday, July 22, 2013

Our Eyes Are Addicted To Clocks

There's never enough of it.
Not even a little bit.
From the moment it starts to the moment it ends,
You turn around just to fall back again.
Rushing through it.
Counting minutes.
Just takes a second.
For you to ruin it.
We track it, box it, lock it, watch it.
Memories full of pleasantries,
Consumed by luxuries
Only to be broken down
And analyzed by the tick tock sound



It is amazing how much value we put on time. Our eyes are addicted to clocks, watches, cellphones and digital reminders on our laptops. Schedule after schedule, we act like we are in control. When really, it controls us. 

Sometimes I dream about a life without a time conscious. How free my soul would feel without the worry about deadlines, nap times and bedtimes. To enjoy every minute like a moment and not like a meeting. I think how God created time yet He Himself is not bound to it. 

I don't want to be bound by it either.
What pleasures and peace would I experience if my mind didn't rush through the hours and days? What beauty would I see if I didn't plan every activity and interaction?

What would you do if you weren't bound by time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips