Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Polka Dot Love {Six Piece Remix, Week 1}



Two things: first, can I just say that I do NOT like how big these pictures are?! Whoa, I wanted my new blog design to include nice decent size photos but this is kinda ridiculous. Oh well, hope you enjoy looking at me anyway. Second, is it mature that I giggle every time I write "polka"? It's a super silly word, I can't help it! And what does it have to do with "dots" anyway? Whatever, moving on...


You may remember in this post when I first talked about this amazing challenge from +Danielle D @ Framed Frosting. If not, go back for review please. And if you have time, you might as well scoot over here to read Danielle's original post. I shared six pieces from my wardrobe that need some more wear luvin' and I had a blast. I literally can't stop putting outfits together and am ahead of the game by 4 weeks! I know, I need to get out more...but before I do, please enjoy these massive photos of my face as I "model" outfit #1. The piece is this black and white polka dot dress that I love but it's way too short for me. So I layered it with a jean skirt, colorful blue shirt, white cardigan and BAM! Awesomeness. I love pops of color...can you tell?

Do you know what else is silly? Me trying to be "natural" when taking pictures all by myself in the basement. Weird yet necessary for every blogger. Obviously I need to work on hiding the clicker. The next few photos is what happens when the baby is napping and mommy has the camera. Hope you guys are having a great week, see you next Wednesday for outfit #2! Oh yeah, and there might be a giveaway included...maybe...


12 comments:

  1. you crack me up. the commentary on your photos! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks Courtney. Glad someone else besides myself thinks I'm funny ;) {my husband just shakes his head lol}

      Delete
  2. Stopping over from the Six Piece Remix.
    Such a cute outfit!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison!! I appreciate you taking a peek :)

      Delete
  3. You are just so adorable. And funny! I really hope one day we can meet and hang out in person! I think we would be a riot together!! :)

    Also yeah when I redesigned my blog (way back when) to include big photos I loved it at first, but then felt overwhelmed! That's why I started editing vertical photos to be side by side so they show up on the blog horizontally and don't look so huge! haha

    Anywho... Great job with the six piece remix! I should get in on that. But Ive been so busy with other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks, girl. I bet we totally would make our husbands nuts {since that's always what happens when the wives get along and have a good time} haha.

      Yeah, I love the big photos but I might have to take your idea for some future posts. It just looks a lil' crazy, having my face all big and stuff...

      You, busy? Pshhhh ;) ;)

      Delete
  4. I have that same polka dot dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha really?! I found it at Plato's Closet and thought it was the cutest!

      Delete
  5. You are such a doll! You are a total natural in front of the camera... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Ange!! It's one of my new fav colors this season :)

      Delete

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips