Tuesday, March 26, 2013

It Is Not Your Destiny To Get Famous

Hey beauties! I'm stepping back for today and letting my beautiful friend Ashley step in. Have you heard of this amazing young lady of God? I felt it in my heart to have her share with you something I think we all need to hear. She speaks with great conviction and love. I urge you to follow her blog The Story Project . She can also be found on Facebook & Twitter.

Take it away girl, be a blessing! xoxo Jacy


Photos by Art By Jacy / Third Day 3-2-2013

Hi friends! My name is Ashley and I blog over at The Story Project. I am so excited to get to share with you in this space about something that has been on my heart.


It takes courage to truly be alive. 

It takes courage to take all these coping mechanisms and throw them at the feet of our King like a soldier returning from war laying down his every weapon. These things, these things we use to get through life, to make it through the day, to cope, to comfort the darkness we fight alone. The things we use to forget about pain, chase down our worries, escape and tend to our own hearts.

The things we use to survive. 

There are so many things that come at us. Voices that call for our attention. This crowd called 'they' that we find ourselves moulding our lives around. A culture that never sleeps and a media that climbs upon its soap box and defines our beauty and our worth and our purpose.


Can I just tell you? 

Your significance is not found in how many people follow you or friend you or know you or saw your clip on YouTube. The significance of a newborn infant and the significant of a celebrity standing on the platforms of success are the same. The same.

Your significance is found in that you are loved and nothing in all of the world could change how loved you are.

There is no arrival point. No moment of "Now I have truly made it!" For our generation, a generation that has grown up on American Idol and viral social media; we need to let this message deep inside of us like a song that never gives up.

Because I can guarantee you that even if you're not thinking about it on purpose, the power of fame has probably crept in and set up camp in your heart.

Your destiny is not to be famous. There I said it. It is not your job to get famous or to be discovered. 


It is like we are coping through life with a promise of fame. But I feel like we have been deceived. As if fame is the healing to our wounds. As it is the answer to our questions. As if it is the tower of refuge in our war.

It is not. It is not what you need. And the thing that we are really wondering and asking about is our identity.

It is a trap. Because if your heart is dwelling in insecurity, you are not going to believe that you're amazing even if people tell you every day, even if you you are famous, even if you are rich, even if you are chased down the street by throngs of paparazzi.

Because fame is not the answer to insecurity. Fame is not an identity and it will not fix your identity. 

I don't know today what you truly believe about yourself. That if you sat down and you were honest with yourself and wrote down what you actually thought about you; I am not sure what you would say.

Would those words be filled with life or would those words be filled with death?

You're loved as you are and there is nothing you can do that will make you more loved. Hope is for you simply because you're alive; you my friend are not the sum of your mistakes. You do not need to do something huge just to prove everything and everyone wrong, it is okay.

You can rest. You can discover. You can play. You can hope. You can laugh. You can just be.

4 comments:

  1. This is seriously amazing. Thank you for speaking truth to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, so happy you were blessed by it. I was as well. If you take a minute to visit Ashley's blog, you will NOT be disappointed!

      Delete
  2. Amen! Thanks for speaking truth and love.
    I'm a new reader here, and just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! I'm so glad you're following ABJ and hi to your too :))
      Ashley is an amazing writer. I knew everyone would enjoy her heart.

      Delete

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips