Wednesday, March 6, 2013

3 Steps Towards Healing a Heart


"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28



As we move into a brand new year, I can't help but think about the year we leave behind. It is amazing how much can really happen to one life in 365 days!

Personally, it's been both rewarding and difficult. I truly believe where trial is, there are blessings...and vise versa. One particular memory for me cuts deep to my fleshly core. It is something that caught me blindsided and slapped my trust right out of the window! Do you know what I mean? That moment when your little world seems fine but little did you know something dark is lurking in the shadows, ready to unveil a harsh truth that has been kept from you.

I know you understand where I'm coming from. Do you know how I know? You have a pulse. Therefore, you have a heart...and unfortunately where there is a heart, there is the possibility of breakage. Have you ever had a broken heart? Think back to how that made you feel. What was your immediate emotion? Anger? Resentment? Betrayal? All the above?

Well, I have got great news: Every heart that can be broken can also be healed! I'm serious. No magic, no special meds, no smoke screens. Just the Lord Jesus Christ and His Almighty power, overshadowing the shadows, lighting the darkness and binding the wounds! With God, the walls and chains around a heart can fall, completely and without fail. We may not be able to trust each other much but its a guarantee; we can trust the Lord!

During prayer one morning, Jesus placed these three steps into my mind. They are the main parts of the healing process. Going through a rough patch in your marriage? Difficulty with children? Someone you love passed on? I get it...and so does God. Here are three steps to take to heal your broken heart:

1.) TEARS
Let yourself grieve and purge heaviness. The worse thing you can do is suppress your emotions. God gave us emotions to be used a certain way. We usually don't use them right and become angry when something flares up beyond our control. Stop trying to make sense of the situation and don't seek a solution right away. When you get a cut on your body, don't you react to the instant pain first, shed some tears and sniffle before grabbing a band-aid? That's how it is suppose to be! We need to give ourselves that moment, that opportunity to empty ourselves of sorrow.

2.) TRUST
Believe things will get better! Pain, no matter how deep, is but for a moment. You never forget it but you can overcome it. Try to seek the Lord, pray, read His Word and hide scriptures in your heart that relate to your situation. Read them every day. If you are following Jesus, that means you are behind Him and He already is ahead! He has prepared the ground for you and knows where you are and what you need.

3.) TIME
Don't rush the process. Understand that even the simple things need time to develop. God made the Earth in seven days...not overnight. Allow Him to work; in your entire palace. To heal your heart, the Lord might take a trip through your mind, decisions and choices. Some things may come to the surface that you will have to face; through it all, He just wants you to make time to abide in Him.

Healing is not a one step, one moment event but an ongoing process. Also every person is different so don't think you are crazy for taking longer or even shorter time to heal. The Lord Jesus knows where you are, what has happened and how you can be restored. Take Him at His word, for it never goes void!


Linking up @
A Royal Daughter

4 comments:

  1. I was shaking my head in agreement the while time reading this. I even got some goosebumps and a little misty eyed too. YES I can so relate. And what you said is SO right on. Ive never thought about it so simply as these 3 steps, but as I was reading them, I was like... Yes thats exactly what I do and feel is needed to do.

    Sometimes I just need to cry, and boy oh boy I always say I just need the time to heal. I know I will heal but I need to have my time without rushing the process or looking for a quick fix. Trusting.. Thats the harder part, but oh so necessary.

    Great post beautiful friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I am so glad it blessed you. I was definitely misty eyed while writing it.
      Sometimes I think we feel weak if we just allow ourselves time to actually cry it out and empty ourselves. A "Pull up your big girl undies and wipe your face" mentality we are fed nowadays BUT that's not how God wants us to heal.

      Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hey Jacy! Just found your blog through the link-up. Love your heartbeat in this post. I am so passionate about the heart and healing so I totally resonated with this post. Gonna follow you on Twitter now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, welcome :)
      So happy to meet you. I am also passionate about the heart/healing. I've written a book about the purity of the heart, it's called The Palace Keepers. I'm working on teaching an online class about emotional purity, something I wish I knew about!
      Thanks for following!!

      Delete

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips