Tuesday, March 5, 2013

2013: It's Time to Revive

re·vive  (r-vv)
v. re·vived, re·viv·ing, re·vives
v.tr.
1. To bring back to life or consciousness; resuscitate.
2. To impart new health, vigor, or spirit to.
3. To restore to use, currency, activity, or notice.
4. To restore the validity or effectiveness of.
5. To renew in the mind; recall.
 {source}


Looking around my cluttered condo I call a home, it's kinda sad that no matter what I get rid of, stuff keeps finding it's way back into this place. Clothes, books, shoes, clothes, papers, baby stuff, clothes, furniture, art supplies, clothes...did I mention clothes already? 
As the bins pile up and the tabletops disappear, my soul can't help but feel overwhelmed by it all. I mean really, how much can three people {one being a very small baby boy} have? Answer: too much! The sad thing is, I've been keeping up with it, giving things away and throwing things out.

As typical hu-mericans {human Americans, just made that up now}, we accumulate more than we need. And I don't know about you, but I am tired of it! I need space. I need my house back. I need to feel revived. And not just in my personal life...I need to revive this blog.

The last couple of years I've gotten my feet wet learning the blogging/social media world. It was nice finding and exploring things but I am ready to just jump in! It is time for a renewal, a restoration. To breathe some life into these dingy virtual pages and grab at the hearts attached to these computer {or cellphone} monitors. I need this little blog space to have meaning, to be effective, full of inspiration with a pulse. There is no better time than right now, this year. I don't know what it is, but I've been telling my husband 2013 is going to be an amazing year for us. And I'm not just saying that...I am believing that!

So, join me, if you'd be so kind. Join me in the Art By Jacy {ABJ} revival and hopefully revive yourself in the process. I'm not doing this to be noticed or to be the cool kid on the blog block {I already am that, thank you.} This is destiny. This is fate. This is the reason behind all other reasons. Everything I've been through is meant to help someone...in this crazy, fun, artsy, heartfelt corner of the blogosphere. I've always known my calling, I just limited how God was going to use it and tried to tell Him how it should be used. But that's not how it works, and yes, I believe God does use social media for His glory. It's not social media that is the problem, it is the people using it. You can either use it for evil or good...I am choosing the latter.
How can you be a part of the revival?
Follow my blog, share my posts, email me suggestions or better yet, drop a comment or two!  I am back and I don't think I am going anywhere this time. If I am, it's only to the top.

What about you? Where do you need revival?
Comment below, I'd love to know & pray for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips