Monday, July 30, 2012

Easy No-Waste Potato Skins {Recipe}


I'm calling this recipe "no-waste" because regular potato skins recipes call for you to scoop out all the yummy stuff in the middle of the potato. Some recipes say to mix with the cheese while others want you not to use it at all. I had originally found this recipe on another website, however, I cannot find the link anywhere! I believe it must have been deleted...so my apologies, I wanted to give credit but oh well, onto the good stuff...


What you will need:
Olive oil
6-8 large russet potatoes (or whatever kind you like)
Bacon bits or real bacon, crumbled
Shredded cheddar cheese and/or melted Velveeta cheese
Chives (optional. I didn't use them because 1. Didn't have them & 2. I'm nursing. Onions are NOT good for my boy lol)
Sour Cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dice the potatoes in nice circles, just cut straight across...

Boil for about 5 minutes, or until a fork can pierce through...

Drain and overlap on a greased or sprayed pan, drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle cheese and bacon evenly and bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted ...

WALA! Easy meal or appetizer, top with sour cream and indulge!
My fav recipe for those lazy days or moments I crave something that tastes like it was from a restaurant (you know what I mean)


 Aw man, now I WANT some!!! *sigh*
Enjoy kids :)

8 comments:

  1. What a good idea! Looks yummy :)

    Stopping by from the "Blog Hop"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crapola!!! Seriously?? This is going to score me sooo many points with my husband, you have NO idea!!! WONDERFUL!!! Thanks for sharing this!! :) Hope you are having a good day..Praying for ya!!

    ~Kristen
    mamawinkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so hungry after this. haha

    come by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello and have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kristen!! My husband is going to LOVE these!! Thanks for stopping by www.boys-oh-boys.com! Returning the ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Participating in Mom's Monday Mingle for the first time! I'm your newest fan. :)


    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look tasty! Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe love ladies!!!
    This definitely scored points with my handsome prince, although I have to say, I really made it for myself haha I love potato skins!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips