Friday, June 1, 2012

Dishes, Laundry, Chores, Oh My!


Okay, truth.
I used to be a seriously type A clean freak...I mean for realz. I would actually hang up clothes and put them away! Crazy right?! Lately though, I've been a totally different person...basically a pig in a skirt.
As I look around I can't help but wonder how did I get like this? and when?


I cannot even use my lil' newborn muffin as an excuse. It started five years ago when I got my own place. Yup, that's the when...when I realized it was MY place...when I realized I made the rules...and when I realized I could put my stuff ANYWHERE and answer to NOBODY!

A year or two went by like this...until I got married.
Oh my. Now I had someone who would hold ME accountable...and I failed and am still failing. Don't get me wrong; I just learned to use the dishwasher and can keep up with dishes. Of course they wait a couple days before I notice they need washing. Also laundry gets washed...I just don't put clothes away until three days later.

I need an intervention, much like they do on How I Met Your Mother. Only less cooler. Actually, it seems like every time I get into the groove of cleaning and finally feel a bit like my old OCD self, something happens. I guess that's life. There is a balance. The old me wasn't healthy and neither is the present me. It's two extremes. What I do feel now, I wouldn't trade for anything! Peace. Contentment. Things I had a hard time feeling before, when I was mentally wired by my task list.
I have work to do within myself and I will get to a happy medium. For now, I'm enjoying the freedom I feel from not going insane about the bathroom cleaning schedule (btw, when did I clean that last?)

Now if I could just step away from my laptop long enough to make lunch...
Pinterest makes me hungry...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Jacy, your "lil' newborn muffin" is adorable! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love staring at him all day :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips