Monday, February 13, 2012

Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookie {Recipe}


 There are times in life where one steps back and says...
"Man, this is one great cookie!!"

Last week, I had such a moment with this recipe I found on Cooks.com
I was left with a condo that smelled like heaven, a husband who couldn't wait for the next batch and a very satisfied preggo woman :)

Here's what I did:
1 1/2 sticks butter (12 tablespoons)
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 1/4 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet morsels
(the original recipe had nuts and raisins but I opted out.) 

Preheat oven to 375°F.

In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs.

Sift flour and measure out 2 1/4 cups. After measuring the sifted flour, sift again with remaining dry ingredients. Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugar mixture. Stir in vanilla and semi-sweet morsels.

Drop the cookie batter by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. (I actually had neither, so I settled for some good ol' aluminum foil...sprayed with cooking spray & worked great!)

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set and firm and only lightly colored.
Do not allow cookies to brown.
(Seriously, I have a habit of doing that! With this recipe though, 10-11 min is plenty and you'd be surprised how moist and perfect the cookies are if you don't let them brown on the top.)

Transfer to wire racks to cool. (I just left them on the foiled pan, whatever) This takes like two minutes.
Serve with the tallest glass of cold millk you can find and eat your little heart out!!!

As usual, since I'm only baking for two, I had lots of dough left over. This makes a bunch, so I scooped half of the leftover dough in a container for cookies the next day (per my handsome man's request) and the other half, I rolled in a nice cylinder shape, wrapped with freezer wrap, marked the date and froze it.
This dough can most likely last frozen for up to 3-4 months! But...I doubt it'll last that long in my house...

 

2 comments:

  1. These cookies look so nice, I really love chocolate in cookies. Not a big fan of raisins. I have a tendency to brown cookies too, it really sucks when it comes out harder to eat than it should be. They have quite a bit of sugar in them though, is it possible to substitute with something else?

    Congrats on your pregnancy, and happy vanlentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies!!

    @ilovecooking, I thought the same thing about the sugar but that's what the original recipe called for...I'm not sure how the dough consistency will be if you substituted or even used half the ingredients...sorry, wish I knew what you could do. The best thing would be google sugar substitutes for baking :)

    @LLNY, they were pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips