Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sunday Devotion: Spring Forth into the New!

Photography in this post is copyrighted by myself

Wow, I don't know about you, but 2011 was a doozy! I had some very great moments but I also had great reflections. One thing for me, 2011 was very much about looking at myself ONLY in how I am as a Christian.

It's so easy to look at others, but God really worked on me (and is continually working on me) to perfect myself ONLY...because really, we can't change others, ONLY HE can!


I love these verses in Isaiah 43:18-19. It helps me remember that the past is old, and God doesn't want us to dwell on the old junk because He has brand new things coming our way!

"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."


How amazing is that! The Lord says "Don't remember the old things because I'm doing a new thing!"

So today, forgive yourself for the things that happened this past year. Approach God with an open and repentant heart, and ask Him to forgive you as well. Don't let your walk be hindered by the mistakes of the past...we are not perfect but the Lord Jesus is perfecting us! Tell yourself that "2012 is a new year and God has new things for me!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips