Monday, August 1, 2011

CT Junior Camp Experience

Hey all!
Okay I've been away for wayyy too long so here's a little update.
I was a counselor at our CT Junior Camp this year! Every year our CT churches have camp for an entire week for our junior (around ages 8 to 12) and seniors (13 to 18 or so)
It was a blast but very trying. Between a tornado warning, lice infestation and girl drama, God had His hands on everything! Everyday there was a trial or a challenge, and by the end of the week, I was in awe at how powerful our God really is!

For me, camp taught me to not just talk about something but do it!
I was able to share with the girls the importance of prayer, as they ministered to me by their willing hearts to learn. We also got to praise and worship the Lord together, and we had opportunities to really exercise forgiveness.

All in all, I learned a lot from these girls. You know when you are given a little authority, you can't help but think of the things that you may have to offer the ones under your authority. But learning works both ways, and that was my biggest lesson! I wasn't there to just teach them something...but I was also there to learn from them!

If you don't think you can learn anything from a group of about 20, 9-12 year old good Christian girls, be a camp counselor for a week and be amazed :)

1 comment:

  1. That is the truth! Really enjoyed our time together at Junior Camp. God did a lot of work in our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips