Friday, July 18, 2014

30 Things I Learned in 30 Years

Shine Confetti Tubes / available here

I was debating whether or not to do a list-type post today. You see, today is my 30th birthday...did I just write that? It really feels odd seeing it typed out because honestly I still feel like the insecure 18-year-old some times. And yet, I don't. It's weird.

Today I'm a Christian, married to my best friend, mother to an amazing boy and working for myself as an artist, a dream I've had since age 8. As I look at how my life has unfolded, I see God's faithful hand holding me and guiding every step. There are stories of struggles I would never publicly share and personal victories that only He can understand. Through it all, I'm still standing. And this is what I've learned in 30 years of being alive:

  1. Never give up. Ever.
  2. Love beats fear. Always. (1 John 4:18)
  3. God is God, no matter what we say.
  4. Positivity goes a long way.
  5. Always air out the car on a hot day before sitting on leather. Ouch.
  6. If someone is taking a chance loving you...let them. 
  7. Always yield to blessing your spouse even when you don't feel like it.
  8. The baby will play with messy things. Let them.
  9. Laughter has healing powers.
  10. Talking on the phone makes my skin crawl. (Never been my thing.)
  11. Spray paint is a gift from heaven.
  12. Being a pessimist is like purposely drinking poison and then complaining about it.
  13. Scars and memories don't fade but chains can be broken.
  14. The past is just that. The past. Let things go as quickly as you can.
  15. Choose Joy. Every time.
  16. Never walk barefoot in a gas station rest room, Britney. Come on girl.
  17. The music you like will speak more about who you are than you will.
  18. Being a mother is the best thing ever invented. Thanks Jesus.
  19. Old people are actually smart.
  20. Praise God at all times.
  21. Television wasn't cool until Psych was born.
  22. Ginger will always be in the Spice Girls. Always.
  23. Being married is a privilege, not a right.
  24. Charity starts at home.
  25. Let go of stress. Life is too short to worry about things you can't control.
  26. His thoughts are wayyyyyy higher than my thoughts. (Isaiah 55:9)
  27. My man is crazy hot and awesome.
  28. My son is crazy amazing and incredible.
  29. Money is temporary.
  30. Age ain't nothin' but a numba

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jacy!!!! I LOVE this list!! You are a wise wise 30-year old my friend!!! Happy birthday to YOU!! May God continue to bless you! He is God, now matter what we say. TRUTH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! Such sweet words, bless you xoxo

      Delete

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips