Tuesday, October 16, 2012

5 Not-So-Secret Secrets

I thought today I will bring you something fun (hopefully.)
You guys rock for following my blog, seriously...I don't even know if I would follow my own blog, ha!!

So I wanted to tell you some secrets about me...well, maybe they aren't secrets to those close to me but anyway, we can label them more "fun facts." Ready? No? Perfect, let's go:


5.) I AM THE OLDEST OF FOUR
Yup. I am the oldest which means I am the boss (not). Next is my sister Leani, 5 years younger, then the twins Meli & Nikko, 18 years younger. That's right...I had just graduated high school when they were born! Lucky for me, I was on my way to college and left Leani to change all those dirty diapers hehe
(Not to worry, I am now paying for it with my own baby boy!) This bring me to my next "secret"...

4.) I  "WENT" TO COLLEGE FOR FASHION DESIGN
Well lets define "went"...if we mean 6 months then dropped out to come back home, then why, yes, I DID go to college! I love fashion and drawing, so I "went" to the college in Boston (which I loved btw.) I realized in the middle of my fashion history class during a lecture about the history of the bra, that the industry was not for me. I would have to mingle and build relationships with a mess of shallow Barbie dolls who thought they could design clothing because they got dressed in the dark. Eh, not for me but thanks anyway.

3.) I'VE ONLY BEEN IN CHURCH FOR FIVE YEARS
Coming up the six!! Yup, I am still quite a newbie believer. I've had people tell me they thought I was raised in the church but I was not. I do feel privileged, however, to be raising my son in church. My husband was and I have to say, I am kinda envious (gasp!) because I didn't have those fun awesome church camp services as a teenager, or those super amazing Sunday School classes/field trips. However, the Lord's timing is perfect and all of my experiences are now being used for His glory! The Lord is SO good!

2.) I AM PUERTO-RICAN
Because of my light complexion and hazel eyes, I NEVER get mistaken for JLO (though my maiden name IS Lopez...pretty sweet huh? My husband says he wishes he could have had MY last name instead of the other way around. Lopez is a pretty awesome last name.) I was brought up on rice and beans and Telemundo. Yes, my mother threatened me with a chancla (sandal....spelling? My Spanish stinks...that's another secret, for free, you are welcome.) My father was the lead guitarist and writer/composer for a local salsa band in the city of Hartford, so I also grew up with a lot of chachacha's and aleba's...

1.) I USED TO BE A "POP" HEAD
This HAS to be number 1 because I was soooooo obsessed with BSB, N 'Sync, 98 Degrees Britney Christina (not X-tina, that was post-innocence), Five, Spice Girls and pretty much any other pop artist from the 90's. My dad took my sis and I to a dozen concerts and we even got to meet LFO when they were in their prime (I use that term lightly.) I even went to a Spice Girl's concert after Ginger left, where there were t-shirts being sold with her face crossed out. *Sigh* The crowds of screaming little crazies as middle-age men-boys danced across the stage, blowing kisses while dancing in synchronized semi-circles...memories I will never forget...

Do you have any not-so-secret secrets?

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you went to college in Boston! I went to Northeastern and I'm from North Andover :) Where did you go? I also love that you're Puerto Rican and you are really JLo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki, how cool!! I went to Bay State and stayed in the dorms right on Commonwealth Ave. I loved it there, except winter in the city is awful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes those church camp services were awesome! (: I am in love with your blog! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes those church camp services were awesome! (: I am in love with your blog! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips