Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Devotion: Words Can Move Mountains

"Morning Has Come" Original Acrylic Painting/ Art By Jacy

Recently, I've been really aware of what words I use when I speak. I'm not saying I'm great at stopping the wrong ones before I blurt them out...I'm just recognizing how they have an impact. I'm working towards being better filtered with my words, and that really got me thinking...

With just one word, we can move mountains!!

"For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith."
Mark 11:23

How powerful of a thought is that?
Okay, so maybe not REAL mountains...but think of all the obstacles you have daily.

If your words are "I can't do this" or "Nothing will ever change", do you know what you are telling that problem you're facing? "It's okay to stay in my way."

But it's not okay! You know it!
However, replacing that "I can't" with "I can" tells the mountain
"Hey, you are not the boss of me, so back off!"

Today, I encourage you to think before you speak. Especially if you are about to speak concerning a problem in your life.
You know what? Speak to that problem out loud! Try it!
Get yourself alone and speak into the air "You are not in charge of me and I can make it, so move!"
Don't let a season in your life define your lifetime.
That depression you face every morning or that loneliness that haunts at night DOES NOT define your life! It only can if you let it...but you have the power in your words to say "MOVE!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips