Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Devotion: The All Powerful Almighty



Here I am, 16 weeks pregnant, and not feeling well. As I sit here at home, my church is enjoying Sunday night service. I started thinking about my pastor's sermon this morning and how amazing God is.

Even though right now I'm physically not feeling good, God is good all the time! Even more, He is all in all everywhere, at all times! That concept is miraculous to me. Our minds are so limited and yet the Lord is limitless.

My pastor is teaching an ongoing study of who God is. Today, he talked about how God is Absolutely Omnipotent. This means He is the source of all power and can do anything He chooses to do.

Matthew 19:26 says:
"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

Though God is limitless, there are some things that He cannot do. For example, God has defined Himself as Truth. Therefore, He cannot deny Himself or else He would be denying Truth. God cannot lie. Denying Himself would be a violation of His existence!

We, however, can lie and that's why it's so easy to believe a lie. My pastor always says that believing in God is not a HOPE so...it's a KNOW so!! The definition of what believe means can be found in James chapters 2&3.

So this week I urge you to dig deeper into God's Word and pray for a deeper revelation. We need a truth-filled relationship with our Creator. It's easy to get distracted and bogged down. Don't deny the Truth or push it to the side...because even when you do, God is still there, all powerful and Almighty waiting to be known!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips