Thursday, July 7, 2011

Don't Jump Too Soon...


 If you have taken a trip to my online shop lately, you'll see that I'm technically "on vacation."
Actually, I am some what...

My priorities since working from home have been backwards, and I haven't been putting God first like I need to. I had to take a week to sort things out properly. It is so easy when God blesses you (and in my case, my business as well) and forget to take a moment out of your day to get right with Him and thank Him.


 

 Psalm 136:26 says:
"O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever."

 Most of you all know that I am writing a book (click on "book" to check out my website!). I had a meeting with my pastor about what he thought of me publishing it...basically, I wanted his okay. I also was struggling with if I should keep my shops, or just write.

It is important that when you are confused about a decision, no matter how small, to take it to God in prayer.
But also, Jesus has appointed people in authority above us to watch over us and take care of us.

"The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock." 1 Peter 5:1-3  


 I was so nervous because I also talked to him about being an author and speaker, on top of my online shop. And do you want to know what he said? "Pursue it!" He also advised me to keep my successful shop and go with it, that it may be an avenue that God will use in my ministry. I was so relieved in my spirit to know that I had my pastor and my husband backing up what I felt God wants me to do...and eventually be!
That is huge!

Sometimes we always feel "called" to do something, and we think that right away we have to do it.
But it is always in God's time. Allow yourself to make mistakes, but never repeat them! lol
We are a process in the making...we don't know all the great things that God has in store for us.
If we jump before we are ready, we may sell ourselves short!

"He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:29-31


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips