Monday, January 10, 2011

Resolutions...what was mine again?

It is funny how when a new year starts, everyone is gung-ho (spelling lol) about changing something about themselves or their situation that they don't like. We call them "New Years Resolutions" which are really standards that we try and set for ourselves for the rest of the year.

The problem that I see with that is we tend to forget what we wanted to commit to by February! In January, everything seems to be going great, right? Whether its keeping off weight, being more organized, committing to a hobby etc. Why is it so hard for us to change? Or better yet, accept change?

 Do you hide from change?

The key lies with this one factor: What is your true motivation? Lets say you want to lose weight. Is it because you want to be noticed more? Or feel good about yourself? If you are doing it because of what other people would say or think, that will fade fast! You need to do it because in your heart, you want to see a change for yourself, and not how others will see you. That will follow on its own.

I chose to post this because I really want to start making my blog a little more personal, and connect with my followers and future followers. There are a lot of things going on in this here dome I call a head, and I feel most of it is to share with you.

My own resolutions this year: I want to be committed to God more. I don't know what you believe, but I want to have a closer relationship with my Creator. He is my true motivation for all that I do.
I also want to be more organized business wise and take care of my home more. It is too easy to just let little things slide by, and then they become hills of hatred!
Lastly, I'm hoping I can at least post one new blog post a day. Which may even be like "Motivation for the Day", a thought, idea, quote or scripture to get you thinking positively. Yeah, I think I'll call it that! :)

Whatever you are doing for your resolutions, remember one thing: 
Commit to it!
This world has made it easy to get distracted or put things on the back burner.
Yesterday I witnessed a family in a restaurant eating lunch. I wouldn't have normally noticed, but what got me was the mother was totally focusing on her children. They were laughing and cuddling, and she was drawing with crayons with them. But on the opposite side of the table, the father was head first into his iPhone! He was missing all of the memories that his girls were creating. Worse, he was not taking part in them. I even believe he had headphones in!
Commitment is so important, we don't want to miss great things in our lives because we are lost in our gadgets and ourselves.

But remember why you wanted to start, and how successful you will feel when December comes, and you realize that your resolution is not just a resolution anymore, but a part of who you are.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from Awesome People

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips